Collagen Induction Therapy
WHAT IS COLLAGEN INDUCTION THERAPY?
Collagen Induction is a innovative procedure that has been revolutionizing the cosmetic skin care industry. With this procedure controlled micro injuries are created to trigger the body's ability to heal itself. Also, micro-channels are created allowing topical serums, and PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) to be absorbed completely into the skin to intensify results. While the body is healing itself is creating new collagen and elastin, the foundation for new healthy skin creation. With as little as 3 procedures clients are enjoying amazing results on acne scalaxity, and stretch marks reduction.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING THE PROCEDURE:
A topical numbing cream is applied throughout the area being treated to maximize clients comfort and minimize pain. Although no pain is to be expected you should expect to feel the vibration of the machine.
24 - 48 HOURS AFTER THE PROCEDURE:
Your skin will look like you just had a moderate to severe sunburn. Your skin will feel warmer and tighter. For most people the redness is gone after 24 hours but depending on the intensity of your treatment it can last up to 48 hours. You will be sent home with a post care kit that will last for 10 days. You can only use the products provided to minimize complications and accelerate healing.
POST CARE INSTRUCTIONS
- Avoid direct sun and heat. This includes simple day to day tasks such as gardening, cooking, sitting next to a bonfire or fireplace,long hot showers, steam rooms, hot tubs etc.
- No tanning beds are allowed.
- DO NOT use any products on your skin that were not given to you.
- Sun care products should be applied every 60 to 90 minutes even on a cloudy day.
- Make-up can be worn the morning after your procedure.
- Avoid alcoholic beverages for 72 hours.
- Minor peeling and flakiness may occur after a few days. Don’t pick or pull at the loose skin as can result in permanent scar.
- DO NOT exercise for 72 hours. Limit exercise the first week. Sweating and gym environments can be harmful, rife with bacteria, and may cause adverse reactions.
- Swimming are allowed after 72 hours only if the skin has stopped peeling.
HOW MANY TREATMENTS ARE RECOMMENDED?
- Rejuvenation – 6 to 8 treatments (4-6 weeks apart)
- Acne Scarring – 6 to 8 treatments (6 weeks apart)
- Stretch marks – 8 to 10 Treatments (6 weeks apart)
- Active Pustular Acne
- Eczema and psoriasis
- Active bacterial, fungal or viral infections
- Scars less than 1 year old
- Raised moles or warts
- Facial surgery in the last 6 months
- Blood pressure, blood thinning or heart medications
- Actinic (solar) keratosis
- Recent Sunburn