WHAT ARE BLACKHEADS?
Blackheads are a symptom of acne, a skin condition in which the pores of the skin become blocked. They form when a clog or plug develops in the opening of hair follicles in your skin. Each follicle contains one hair and a sebaceous gland that produces oil, called sebum. Sebum has a protective role in the skin, helping to keep it supple and hydrated. When sebum is overproduced, however, it can form plugs in the pores by clumping with epidermal cells that shed from the skin.The plugs are known as comedones. Black-headed comedones known as open comedones are open to the air; the plug turns black because the sebum becomes oxidized white-headed comedones (so-called whiteheads) are known as closed comedones. Blackheads are open to the air; the plug turns black because the sebum becomes oxidized, whereas whiteheads are not open to the air.
THE EXTRACTION PROCESS (DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME AS IT COULD RESULT INTO PERMANENT SCARRING!)
The safest way in removing blackheads is booking an appointment with an experience medical skin care specialist. Medical skin care specialists have extensive knowledge and practice extracting with sterile lancets (needles), a necessary tool for deep pore extraction.
SELFISH BEAUTY DEEP PORE EXTRACTION
- Skin is cleansed with appropriate cleanser for your skin type
- Chemical exfoliant is used to exfoliate and remove 7-10 layers of dead skin cells
- The target area will be steamed for 5-7 minutes
- Medical aesthetician begins extraction under steam (this process can take up to 30 minutes)
- Adequate finishing mask is applied
- Appropriate serums and moisturizers will be applied to your skin
- Depending on how much extraction you have this process can take up to 90 minutes