- It’s best to wait at least 2 weeks from your last shave/wax before coming in.
- Your hair must be at least ¼” long for the wax to adhere properly.
- Exfoliating the area to be waxed prior to your appointment is highly recommended.
- Avoid sun exposure from 48 hours prior to your appointment, and remember that sunburned skin is a contraindication for waxing!
- Stay away from lotions or heavily fragranced oils the day of your appointment
- Your skin may be slightly sensitive directly following your wax.
- The irritation most people experience will diminish after just a few hours.
- You should avoid sun exposure for 48 hours prior to and after waxing.
- Also avoid activities like working out, swimming, steam rooms, hot tubs, for 24 - 48 hours.
- To prevent ingrown hairs, gently exfoliate at least twice per week.
- The most important rule of all is to NOT shave or trim between your waxing appointments!
It is important that your esthetician know any medications that you are taking and/or any skin products that you are using. This can ensure a safe and successful waxing experience.
If you are taking or have taken any of these medications within the past three months, please call the office before scheduling an appointment:
- Accutane (Acne medication)
- Adapalene (Acne medication)
- Alustra (Retin A)
- Avage (Tazorac – Acne medication)
- Avita (type of Retin A)
- Differin (Acne medication)
- Isotretinoin (like Accutane)
- Renova (Retin A)
- Tazarac (Acne medication)
- Tazarotene (like Tazorac)
- Tretinoin (like Retin A)
These medications may cause the skin to thin or to be extra sensitive to waxing. Thin, sensitive skin can lift with the wax. If you have taken Accutane within the last year it is not advised to wax for one year after you have stopped taking this medication.
If you are currently using any of the following products, they can cause the skin to be overly sensitive. Please inform us prior to your appointment.
- Other Acne medications not listed above
- Alpha Hydroxy Acids (Glycolic, Lactic)
- Topical Antibiotics
- Salicylic Acid
- Exfoliants/Laser Peels/Microdermabrasion
If you are taking a medication or using a product that has changed your skin in any way, and you are unsure about the safety of waxing, please talk to your doctor first. Hopefully we can work together to make your waxing experience a great one!
Removes the hair from outside the panty line.*
Deep bikini wax resembles a high cut bikini where a portion of hair is removed from the top of the bikini line. The sides of the bikini line are waxed about 1 inch to 2 inches inwards from the inguinal lines. This bikini does not remove hair from the vaginal walls or labia.*
Takes all the hair off the bikini area, including the vaginal lips and labia. A small strip of hair or triangle shape is left on the top of the bikini.*
Everything comes off!!*
The removal of hair in between the buttock cheeks. A popular choice to combine with a Brazilian Bikini or Full Bikini.*
* prices available upon request